The Zoey Blog: Doodling the day away... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Doodling the day away...



I spent my whole day noodling for doodling, and by the time we got home from a mini-road trip I had some seriously itchy fingers. Now that the ball's rolling with this, "Heart on My Sleeve," project...rolling because the oh-so recent birthday girl, Kelli, wants in pretty bad...I can't stop fiddling with sketchbooks and pencils. On top of that I've just had this incredible idea for an arm piece, something I've been pining for since I left O'ahu. It'll be fairly whimsical...and at it's centerpiece will be a woman similar to the one above, tattooing a tiny kokeshi while a world of other awesomeness swirls around her. I love it...had me glued to the sketchbook and the laptop all evening.

I even skee-doodled a little Valentines Day sketch for Zed...



We've decided that Dad will sketch a personalized Valentines Day doodle for Zo every year she'll accept one. I like that idea. I like it a lot.

On a completely separate note, I scored myself a brand new copy of, "Where The Wild Things Are," for the future library of Zedder, and a copy of "Where The Sidewalk Ends," as well. So in terms of Children's Lit. it's been a beauty day. I even scored little Noah Findley his April book already. It's pretty much the best thing within twenty feet on where I sit right now, and that includes a television, a tasty glass of Shiraz, Jules Verne's "Around the World In 80 Days," and my cat Debu...Yeah, it's THAT cool of a book!

A pretty subtle and sweet Valentines Day...nothing crazy, just nice and full to the brim with smiles...a Junetastic day...absolutely Zedderific. Ain't love grand.

BTW...I've decided that I don't say the word, "ain't" enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home