The Zoey Blog: The Cyrano de Bergerac of Calligraphers FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Cyrano de Bergerac of Calligraphers


The best addressed letter I've ever seen.

And it finally arrived, to much less fanfare than it could have had were it here in time for Valentines Day, but it's here now and it's awesome!

I got in touch with Betsy Dunlap, the calligrapher responsible for the beautiful font on the forearm tattoo I had previously posted a photo of. Betsy took a letter that I had written and re-printed it for June. I got giddy when I finally found it in the mailbox. I gave it to June over Zoey's homemade mac & cheese dinner...awfully romantic, I know.


Betsy's handiwork helps make hopelessly inarticulate words beautiful

In my own defense it was preceded by the John Mayer show on Friday night, some knock-you-over-tulips on Tuesday (don't tell me when to celebrate my affections) along with the best card that I could find. The letter now seems like the exclamation mark to a pretty fun Valentines Day around this quiet, snow covered house above the lake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Well done! I don't celebrate Valentines Day, but if I did that's how I would want it done.

February 17, 2010 at 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home