The Zoey Blog: This is the part of my life I call "tired" FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER

Monday, January 11, 2010

This is the part of my life I call "tired"

June woke up at 5:30 am to get herself set to go to work for the first time in a year. In a moment of incidental misfortune I too awoke, despite the fact that I didn't have to go to work for three more hours. It's tough to sleep when you're anticipating a sleeping infant to make it her regular routine to rouse you while Mom gets ready and then goes to work. I suppose this is where a new part of my life begins, that part I'll call the "tired" part.

Zo's Grandma/Nanny arrived last night and will surely be starting that same part of her life (for the second time), the "tired" part, this morning as well. She'll render loving and attentive services here all week and into the middle of next when Baachan arrives and takes over for three weeks while Grandma goes to get her eyes fixed. It's no good to be blind and "tired."

I hope June has a good day and can manage to see the road through the tears on her way into work. This is going to take some getting used to. My part is easy...'tired," no problem. I can do that in my sleep, figuratively speaking. I don't want June's task. Commuting emotional wreck doesn't sound like a job I'd like to have. She's a tough cookie and she'll manage it all just fine. I, on the other hand, manage things terribly and will adjust poorly at best. It's how I roll...old dog, new tricks.

What bloody time is it? 6:28 God.


Blogger John Teeter said...

The thing with kids and routine is, just when you think you have one set, here comes a curveball.

January 11, 2010 at 7:26 AM  
Anonymous Aimee said...

Bri, please tell June I am thinking of her. You're right, it's not easy. It's SO NOT EASY. It's very hard, I can't lie, and it doesn't even get easier the second time, in my opinion. But, you get through it and then the end of the day is AWESOME!

January 11, 2010 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger kaedejune said...

So, I've survived this far in the day tear-free... so far! I had over an hour drive to think about the fact that I was leaving her behind and I didn't... I was distracted by the radio and the fact that I could turn it up as loud as I wanted with the absence of little ears to damage. I had about 15 mins to waste waiting for the shuttle at the car dealership to take me to work... nothing. I arrived at work and eased into greeting the gang and going over the role again... still nothing... although I did find myself randomly distracted and not paying attention to what was being said during meetings... its okay... its only my first day back. And, I've only called home twice... once this morning to see how the day was going so far, and the second time to see how she went down for her first nap of the day. Grandma's still alive and Zoey's still babbling her ear off... everyone's happy! And, Zoey doesn't seem to miss mom at all... *tear*

January 11, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home