The Zoey Blog: One Quick Question... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

One Quick Question...

Here's something for you to ponder and then get back to me...and if you don't get back to me then you're a terrible, terrible person (just kidding, you're just selfish :). I'm genuinely interested in what you people have to say.

How do you define what makes a man these days...both you and perhaps how society might. Are the definitions different? Similarly, how might you define a woman? A Mom? A Dad? A friend? Etc...awesome etc...

I only ask because I've been struck by the notion of late that maybe we've been defining even the simplest of things wrong for a long, long time.

Gimme your input and I'll give you mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Ohhh, that's a fantastic question, or what we call in literacy circles a "fat question" because the answer is so big and takes a lot of thought. I'm going to think on it and get back to you!

January 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Okay...here goes.
I think that a man knows when it's time to be an adult, isn't afraid to show affection, makes decisions and owns those decisions, asks for help, communicates, communicates, communicates.

I think a woman tries too hard a lot of time to be everything all at once because that's what society expects. A woman who knows herself knows what is important in the long run, can balance, takes care of herself first and communicates, communicates, communicates.

What do you think?

January 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I LOVE IT!

January 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home