The Zoey Blog FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Monday, January 11, 2010



I may very well have missed a Monday and thereby shafted someone out a perfectly justified "Nice Person of The Week prize. Oops.

There's really no way to make up for it except, perhaps, to make this Monday's recipient extra worthy and to shower down ridiculous amounts of praise on them. So we will.

The past week's nicest person ever was...

Greg Nemchek, who will never ever in a million years read this blog. He's a Vice-Principal at a local high school who is also just about one of the nicest guys on the planet. We took turns dumping our stresses on one another the other day and talking to him is like some kind of pure, unfiltered reassurance that you can be a guy and still be open, honest, and sensitive without selling the testosterone farm. He's as close to a definitive real man as any I've ever met and a guy could do worse than find Greg in their orbit regularly. He asks about my family and is genuinely interested in my answers almost every time I see him. When I grow up I want to be just like him...wait, I'm already pretty damn grown up...maybe I'll take having him as a friend as something close enough. I wish you knew him too!

A heartfelt honorable mention goes to Debu, our cat, for being uber-tolerant of Zoey's shenanigans, and also because he loves us so... but mostly for not eating my daughter.

1 Comments:

Blogger June said...

I think I need to meet Greg :)

And, Debu definitely deserves a prize... maybe we'll give him a nice can of tuna tonight... oh wait... he tried that the other day and rejected it before it was even digested. Nevermind.

January 12, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home