The Zoey Blog: Waking up siren free with wind and waves... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, October 11, 2009

Waking up siren free with wind and waves...

3797807143_0ef4254b47
Lake Huron mornings are a little different than one in Hell's Kitchen.

Home means waking up without the sound of sirens, without the drone of morning commuter traffic...without the fun of waving "good morning" to New Jersey. It means the rhythmic wash of waves, the sound of seagulls and freighters off in the dark distance. It means a sunrise you can watch on the horizon and Michigan to welcome into the morning.

It's good to go, it's good to come back, but mostly it's just good to wake up.

Time to grab the iPod and go cut the grass to a soundtrack of Corrine Bailey Rae singing Joni Mitchell's "River"...maybe some Oscar Peterson if I get around to it. Wish I could sneak off to Rudy's when I'm done. I'll have to settle for a beer on the floor with the Zedder...I hate doing that though 'cause I always feel so guilty getting her drunk in the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home