The Zoey Blog: The Phillies & Yankees and a Sleeping, Ignorant Zedderooni FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Phillies & Yankees and a Sleeping, Ignorant Zedderooni

B&W Sleeping Zoey

As the World Series echoes throughout the house our beautiful little funster is sleeping. I tried to articulate the significance of the Fall Classic to her but she just didn't care. Of course, there may have been a little something that was lost in the translation between my English and her jibberish but I think it's just that we' haven't done a good enough job steering her towards baseball. I blame myself. I think I lost her interest with that whole designated hitter explanation a few months back. Either way, the Phillies and Yankees are on their way to giving us what should be a good Series and Zo is sleeping. I bet her Baachan isn't.

It seems that Mihoko wins this time 'round. This household will be cheering for the Yankees as the World Series begins tonight. It's kind of hard to believe but that's what we're doing. It feels better to say that we're "supporting" Hideki Matsui, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Mark Teixeira, etc...than it does to say that we're behind the Yankees. As long as the Yanks have Alex Rodriguez we won't be rooting for them. Actually, who are we kidding? We'll probably never root for the Yankees as a whole. We can temporarily find faith in Hedeki Matsui though...but even as I type it here I'm not saying it to Mihoko's face. A guy has to do his best to maintain some sense of self-respect.

Let's change the subject before I throw up in my own mouth...

We're anxiously awaiting Halloween around here. Naturally, it's Zoey's first and we've got one heckuva costume for her. It's a real beauty, I'm telling ya. It kind of came together accidentally. We were sort of set on the idea that Zoey would be Charlie Brown for her first round of Trick or Treating...easy...hilarious considering her lack of hair...but then we stumbled into what is practically the perfect costume. Can't wait to show everyone.

It's not Hideki Matsui, if that's what you're thinking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm thinking it's "MINIMUM WAGE"!!!

October 29, 2009 at 9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhhhh...it should have been! It totally should have been!!!

October 30, 2009 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home