The Zoey Blog: Hail to taking advantage of lesser institutions... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hail to taking advantage of lesser institutions...

101709_UM V DSU FBC CLOUDS LON
A sideline view of a ridiculously uneven field... Michigan 63 - Delaware State 6

Today's Michigan - Delaware State football game in Ann Arbor was a 63-6 example of Goliath punching David right in the mouth. It was ugly, but fun, and I've been in desperate need of some kind of sporting fun for awhile. It seems as though my sporting luck has run out and now it's my turn to endure crap. A Tigers collapse, two straight losses to MSU, etc...heartbreaking etc...I needed an absolute debacle of a game so that I could just enjoy myself again. Like a good friend of mine once said, "I don't know why I care about this stuff so much, but I do."

June slipped off to shoot a wedding today, and then I snuck off to see the Wolverines drub the visiting Hornets from Delaware State while Zoey chilled out with Baachan today. It was a beauty autumn afternoon for everyone, and I think we all enjoyed it.

Next weekend is the Penn State game and we have every intention of making it Zoey's first UM tailgate. She won't attend the game, June and her will go shopping and maybe hit the hotel early, but she'll get in some pre-game fun and we'll hook up with friends all weekend long. We'll take lots of pics while the team allows more than 6 pts and scores less than 60. Every indication is that it will be a stellar weekend.

By the time I got home today it was Zoey's bath time, then we slipped on through naked floor time, a bottle, and then bed. She's been a pretty good little girl and fell asleep almost instantly, woke back up almost instantly...then fell back asleep almost instantly once again, and then finally woke back up again, at which point we just got up and waited for Mom to get home.

It's been a good day. It would be better if the umpires in NY didn't hose Iybar with a call that they consistently didn't make all year, and then if they didn't rule A-Rod's top of the wall 0-2 whack a home run, but the sun shone on my face this afternoon and Zo had a good day so who can complain. Man, I hate that A-Rod though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home