The Zoey Blog: Baachan is a Yankee Lover...I hope it doesn't rub off on Zedder FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baachan is a Yankee Lover...I hope it doesn't rub off on Zedder

Angels Game 5
Anaheim fans celebrating an Angels rally for the lead in the bottom of the seventh inning.

The phone rang tonight at 10:30pm but June and I didn't rush to get it...we were watching the Angels-Yankees game 5 and figured we'd just check the message later. It turns out that it was Mihoko chucking out some Yankees trash talk in the top of the seventh, just as the Angels were losing their grip on things...silly Matsui lover! If I wasn't lying in bed typing this blog post immediately after the Angels just WENT BACK AHEAD I'd call her and ask her how the bottom of the inning treated her Yankees. No Rivera just yet Mihoko..no sir!

I can't believe that I just got trash talked by a 61 year old Japanese landed immigrant with a part time affection for the "Evil Empire". How did I ever come to be related to a Yankees fan? Man, I hope Matsui gets traded after this year.

I still can't believe it. I can't stop laughing. My Japanese Yankee-in-law is calling me up in the middle of the night to trash talk me and my Angels affinity...may buddha bless her rotten, putrid Yankee loving soul. This is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home