The Zoey Blog: Just Another Guy... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just Another Guy...

I nearly spent my second anniversary at Comerica Park with my friend Corey. If it weren't for a walk by myself along the beach this afternoon I might never have realized that although as little as two days ago I was stressing what kind of gift to give my wife I had thoughtlessly gone and purchased tickets for Monday's Twins-Tigers game down on Woodward Ave.

Turd. That's what I am.

I quickly called Corey and cancelled, allowed the guilt to flow over my psyche like Bridalveil Falls washes over Yosemite granite. June laughed and shrugged it off while I fully embraced the embarrassment of my error. I've always thought that I had somehow eluded the larger curses of my gender while embracing the lesser. Turns out I suck just like the rest of us.

Best intentions...completely stupid spontaneity...re-grouping and performing several dozen prostrations before my loving wife. #$%damnit I can manage some sucky things.

I'm slowly shaking this off but I don't understand how I could solicit advice and ponder a gift on Friday, buy a card and settle on a little something that fits our budget on Saturday, and then manage to forget all of that by Sunday? Wow...as if I needed any further evidence as to the superiority of the female gender.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Don't feel bad. Paul is the one who remembers all the significant dates in our relationship. I do, however, give better gifts. ;-)

September 27, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home