The Zoey Blog: Belly Buttons and other things that make no sense FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Belly Buttons and other things that make no sense

Belly Button Book

I understand the whole umbilical cord thing...makes perfect sense...but how come our belly buttons hafta look so stupid? I mean, we cut the umbilical cord and that's pretty much a nasty wound but then it doesn't heal like any other wound ever does. I've never cut my finger and ended up with this weird lookin' hole where the cut was...It's just odd.

This is one of Zoey's favorite books now. It's Sandra Boynton's Belly Button Book and Zo loves it. She's also a spaz about Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard, and Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. The Bergquists got Zo that one and she's a big fan, mostly of chewing on it but also of flipping the pages and pretending like she knows what she's doing. She also holds it high above her head and screams like Lou Ferrigno from time to time, which is fine 'cause she's neither green nor deaf...or angry for that matter, or a large overdeveloped muscular dude, so I guess she doesn't resemble Lou Ferrigno at all...maybe she just resembles Zoey holding a book over her head and yelling loudly, I guess that's about it.

Our bedtime routine has become one of my favorite parts of the day...of course, it's June who sits with her while she wails herself to sleep and I sneak off to watch the Tigers game and pay some attention to our other child, Debu...It's the pre-sleep stuff that I like...the post-bath, naked play time, the book shoulder presses and all that fake reading. Then there are all of the uber-happy Zoey smiles. She's loaded with 'em post-bath. You just look down on those big blue eyes and that busy little kid steals your soul like her bedroom floor were some dark Mississippi crossroads. I know, its totally unfair...

Zoey Floor Penaten

Some nights she's perfect, like last night...it took a whole 15 minutes to help her slip off to sleep...and other nights it's ugly, and thank God June is a certified saint...7:30pm quickly turns into 10pm and I just don't know how she does it. It must be a Mom thing 'cause I lose my head in a ridiculously shorter time frame. Thank God for June or both Zoey and I would need therapy. I don't get how it works but it just does...Moms instantly grow these crazy skills that Dad's are practically incapable of unless we actually evolve like some Galapagos sea creature...It just makes no sense and I think if I try to figure it out my head will explode. So I don't...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home