The Zoey Blog: Good Morning Little Zoey Sakura DeWagner FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good Morning Little Zoey Sakura DeWagner

Sleeping Zo with bear

Waking up is pretty easy with little miss Zoey Sakura DeWagner there to coo and cry the sun up into a dark sky, in fact, it's never been easier. She changes every day which is hard to get accustomed to but I guess thes fastest part of growing up does that you.

Zoey is 8lbs and 10ozs now, a wee weight gain of 8 ozs in four and a half weeks, more if you consider the 6 oz loss she endured getting rid of that first poo and learning how t eat properly. You can see it in her face and there's a more subtle change overall. One full month has made her undeniably more little girl-like. There's some purpose and point to all that arm flailing and head flopping now which is funny. If her hand is resting on your cheek then she meant to put it there, either that or that's just where it landed and she's okay with the location so there it stays. Two weeks ago her arms could scare the hell out of her which is just about the funniest thing this side of a well timed fart. It used to crack me up beyond belief, that whole shocked look of, "What the hell is that," and the subsequent, "Oh, that's my arm,' was more than I could handle some days.

This morning I looked at Zoey and it struck me just how fast she's changing. Each day for the Zedder is like a month for each of us and I can come home at the end of the day and she's different. It's taught me to take it all in on my way out the door each day. I'm gone almost 9 hours a day (let's keep this simple) which equates to a depressing kind of absence-math. In a single month I miss approximately a week's worth of time with my daughter simply by going to work. That's a of of stuff that I miss. I don't even want to do such sad calculations across an entire year. In the end it all adds up to a Dad who never passes on the chance to say good morning to his daughter.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't add up time missed during the YEAR, I'll cry! Also, when I was home with the boys during leave, Kevin would come home every single day and say Simon looked different. They grow up way too fast :-(

February 26, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home