The Zoey Blog: More "Actual Conversation" Revelations FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Saturday, January 31, 2009

More "Actual Conversation" Revelations

This is what I woke up to this morning...

Whoa kid, what do you think you're doin'? Nipples aren't toys!

I wish I had a tape recorder in my head. Speaking of which, why do we still use the term "tape recorder"? We're not taping crap these days. I wish I had an iPod with one of those recorder thingys attached to the bottom of it. Yup, I wish I had one of those attaching thingys.

Anyway...

Amazing night of sleep last night...full two hour stretches and only mild "friggin' feed me" freak outs. One of our midwives, Val, stopped by late last night just in time for Zo to chuff up a little bloody milk type junk. June was a little worried about little Zo...I was a little worried about June's boobs. Yikes! I've never been more thankful to be a boy in my life! Even including delivery...that ends beautifully, this nipple thing is just awful all around.

Val was great last night, and eased June's mind and helped us out with some other junk. Seems Zoey has a fan in Val...It has been about 3 days since Zo dropped one (poo'ed in layman terms) and we worked hard to get that to happen last night. That's probably a big source of fussing. There were Q-Tips involved, and knee thrusts and the whole thing just looked frightening. I'm incredibly glad that at this particular moment in my life I have complete control over my own poo. I think we take that one for granted...I know I never will ever again. Between bleeding boobs and inefficient bowels I'm scared healthy.

More actual conversation revelations I just overheard from the other room...

Oooh, you brought up a bunch of milk, you want some of that back?

This schtuff is interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home