The Zoey Blog: Mo Willems and Me (Elli too I suppose) FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mo Willems and Me (Elli too I suppose)


If you can't find something unique and cool in NYC then you're not trying. I can flip from bookstore to bookstore, block after block, from 77th all the way down to Washington Square and duck into no less than two shops per block. If you're looking for something great then NYC is your place.

In September June and I discovered Lucky Wang over in the upper East Village and just a few days ago I was knee deep in Mo Willems books up at Broadway and Amsterdam. BAM...another lovely NY find. So now whether Elli likes it or not she's part of the Gerald and Piggie Fan Club. You might be familiar with Mo's Knuffle Bunny books, or "Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus," but this weekend we fell in love with Gerald and Piggie...How could you not? As the back cover describes the two...

Gerald is careful. Piggie is not.
Piggie cannot help smiling. Gerald can.
Gerald worries so that Piggie does not have to.
Gerald and Piggie are best friends.


How's a guy supposed to stay all cold, unsentimental and manly in the face of that kind of putrid cuteness? It's bloody well impossible. I think I'd like to be my very own version of Mo Willems. He's cooler than those extra long back brushes in the shower...maybe even cooler than those hats with the ear flaps...maybe? Am I capable of such overt coolness? Probably not. Am I capable of dreaming about it...yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home