The Zoey Blog: Flying Fairies and Fawning Fathers... FINAL - COVER UNIVERSE EXPLORERS ORDER


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Flying Fairies and Fawning Fathers...

Flying Fairy - Aug 2012

There are mornings when I wake and wonder just how I'll manage.  I'm stiff and sore.  I've been completely dismantled at times by the notion of trying to give my family what I'd like to give them, all while falling apart physically.  It really has been that dramatic.  I've never been in a place like this before in my life.  Still, there are mornings where I am woken by a fairy, wings and all, that feel like something magical has drifted in through the open window, and I'm certain that I can get out of bed, regardless the discomfort and pain, just because she so desperately wants me to.  Fairies will do that to you.

Right now she's more often a fairy than Zoey, but that's okay, both are pretty beautiful, and both wake me with the widest of smiles.  It strikes me that there was a time when I wasn't woken by fairies and I'm not sure how I ever managed those mornings.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

the only thing as rare in life as a man with a heart as big & as kind as yours,
is a man who can (& will!) truly & unabashedly pen his most tender, innermost thoughts the way that you do.
thanks for sharing your perspective on this world as a guy, a husband, a father, a friend... it touches my heart and make me grateful that our paths cross every now & again. take care of your beautiful girls & good luck (if it hasn't happened already) with your newest addition!
~tracy b.

August 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh Trace...I'd like to change that "paths crossing every now and again" thing...We were SO happy seeing everyone on the weekend that I can't believe I don't see everyone as much as I'd like to. It struck me how much moving away made me miss everyone, and then baffled me how I've been back for so long and incommunicado. Those were kind words and I'll tuck 'em away in a special place, but you never needed to say a word to have a special place tucked away wit me. Thanks for the good luck! We'll likely have a bit of a post-baby party in September and every damn awesome person I know is getting invited...you're near the top of the list. Thanks Trace. I'll talk to you again soon!

August 7, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home